Want to learn more about bees and honey?
Come to the Honey Lab located in the UC Davis booth! Members of the UC Davis Master Beekeeper Program and knowledgeable volunteers will teach you about all things honey bee!
- Taste honeys from around the world on our giant honey flavor and aroma wheel.
- Find out about UC Davis beekeeping and the California Master Beekeeping Program (cambp.ucdavis.edu).
- Learn how honey is made from flower to bottle.
- Find out about the intriguing life cycle of a bee starting with a teeny egg and resulting in a bee just a couple of weeks later.
- Discover what viruses and bugs are harming our bees.
- Learn about different kinds of bee hives and how they work.
- Purchase books and UC Davis honey from the UC Davis Bookstore (http://ucdavisstores.com/merchlist.aspx?ID=30829)
The Honey Lab is hosted by the Honey & Pollination Center. For more information, please visit their website: honey.ucdavis.edu
FREE and family-friendly
The Honey Lab, presented by UC Davis and the Honey and Pollination Center at UC Davis, is one of the main attractions at the California Honey Festival, May 2nd in Downtown Woodland.