Want to learn more about bees and honey?
Come to the Honey Lab located in the UC Davis booth! Members of the UC Davis Master Beekeeper Program and knowledgeable volunteers will teach you about all things honey bee!
- Taste honeys from around the world on our giant honey flavor and aroma wheel.
- Find out about UC Davis beekeeping and the California Master Beekeeping Program (cambp.ucdavis.edu).
- Learn how honey is made from flower to bottle.
- Find out about the intriguing life cycle of a bee starting with a teeny egg and resulting in a bee just a couple of weeks later.
- Discover what viruses and bugs are harming our bees.
- Learn about different kinds of bee hives and how they work.
- Purchase books and UC Davis honey from the UC Davis Bookstore (http://ucdavisstores.com/merchlist.aspx?ID=30829)
The Honey Lab is hosted by the Honey & Pollination Center. For more information, please visit their website: honey.ucdavis.edu
FREE and family-friendly
The Honey Lab, presented by UC Davis and the Honey and Pollination Center at UC Davis, is one of the main attractions at the California Honey Festival, May 5th in Downtown Woodland.
The Honey Lab is hosting the Main Stage this year! Schedule:
10:00 a.m.: California Honey Festival opens
10:30 a.m.: Gene Brandi, Past President, American Beekeeping Federation
11:15 a.m. Elina Niño, Extension Apiculturist, Entomology and Nematology, UC Davis
12:15 p.m. James E. Sherman, Chief Operating Officer, Pollinator Partnership
1:15 p.m. Frank Golbeck, CEO, Golden Coast Mead
2:15 p.m. John Mola, Winner of 2018 Bee Symposium Graduate Poster Contest
2:45 p.m. Kate Frey, Ecological Garden Designer and Consultant, Columnist, and co-author with Gretchen LeBuhn of The Bee-Friendly Garden
3:45 p.m. Billy Synk, Director of Pollination Programs, Project Apis m.
The Bohart Museum of Entomology: Insect petting zoo and displays
Educational displays: lifecycle of bees, honey, beehives, and bee health
7ft Honey Wheel and honey tastings
Bee Costumes for kids and adults
California Master Beekeeper Program